Friday, January 17, 2014

The Wannabes by Tammy Coons


When Corbin Frederick graduated from college with an Associate’s degree in French, she thought her dreams of moving on to bigger and better things were finally coming into reality. Sadly, her Mom’s diagnosis of Alzheimer’s has progressed to the point where she doesn’t recognize Corbin anymore. She has no support from her brothers, and her longtime boyfriend shuns her on a daily basis. She feels so lost and alone. 
Ryder James just moved to River Junction to live with his sister and her roommates. He had high hopes of leaving his bad boy past behind him. But with it thrown in his face all of the time, he feels that he will never be able to move on. 
When Corbin and Ryder meet for the first time, the attraction between them is so intense that it blows both of their minds. Can these two wannabes guide each other down the paths that they seek? 

Review

This was a quick and sweet read for me and I loved it. I love how the relationship between Corbin and Ryder developed.  it didn't feel rushed. I was a little sad when I realized I finished the book because I wanted more but overall it felt realistic to me. One of my biggest pet peeves in reading is when I can't connect with the characters in some way but I did with this book. The author draws you in and makes you feel like you an relate with the characters. I rate this book 4 stars.

Amazon buy link


No comments:

Post a Comment