Monday, March 24, 2014

Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover: Bajillion Star SPOILER FREE Review and Links!







Synopsis:
At twenty-two years old, aspiring musician Sydney Blake has a great life: She’s in college, working a steady job, in love with her wonderful boyfriend, Hunter, and rooming with her good friend, Tori. But everything changes when she discovers Hunter cheating on her with Tori—and she is left trying to decide what to do next.

Sydney becomes captivated by her mysterious neighbor, Ridge Lawson. She can’t take her eyes off him or stop listening to the daily guitar playing he does out on his balcony. She can feel the harmony and vibrations in his music. And there’s something about Sydney that Ridge can’t ignore, either: He seems to have finally found his muse. When their inevitable encounter happens, they soon find themselves needing each other in more ways than one…
Goodreads

Clare's Review:

***SPOILER FREE REVIEW***

I think it's safe to say, I now have a favorite book.
And I have a confession. There's been so much hype about Maybe Someday, that I knew I wanted to read it and I never even looked at the synopsis.
Not even once.
I did, however, preorder and download the soundtrack, which has made it into several playlists of mine. I love listening to it. The lyrics stay with you and the melodies....and Griffin Peterson's voice...I'm pretty sure we'd be friends...I'm just...throwing that out there...
Anyway, I really loved that I was going in blind. It upped the anticipation, kept me breathless. Therefore, I promise this is a spoiler free review. And for those who have read it, you know how hard that is!! There's a very particular, integral part of the book that shapes the entire story. But you need to read it IN the book. So PLEASE make sure you only read spoiler free reviews!!
Of course, this limits me a little but that's okay. It's not my job to tell you the story that Colleen Hoover wrote. But I AM going to tell you how I feel about it.
Genius.
I. Was. Riveted.
The storyline, the characters, the depth of emotions, the music.
I stayed up until 2am reading (after a 15 hr work day), so I couldn't play ALL the songs out loud as I read. I think my husband would have protested a bit. But I have listened to the soundtrack more than I should probably admit (because Griffin is my friend even if he doesn't know it). As soon as I would read lyrics within the book, that song would instantly start playing in my head and would drift throughout my thoughts as the story unfolded, until it was time for the next song. Beautiful.
From the synopsis (if you've read it), we know that Sydney and Ridge are neighbors who have this connection that can't be explained or ignored. After Sydney walks out on her boyfriend and roommate for cheating on her, she moves in with Ridge (her neighbor across the courtyard) until she can get back on her feet. Their connection is palpable and it's perfect. Their lives, however, are not. But they are creative and open-minded and it was so neat to see how they...worked...
Truth be told, I'm envious of how they communicate. Their honesty even when honest is the last thing you want to be. Through their lyrics they open their hearts and show their vulnerability, like no one does traditionally. They feel each other, the feel the music, the words. And it was a privilege to feel it as well.
My chest and stomach hurt the entire time, and I even burst out laughing at parts, and inappropriately.
Both Sydney and Ridge are brilliant, funny, good hearted, and intelligent. They are people I want to be friends with and don't want to lose!
This is truly one of the most beautiful, stunning, inspiring works I've ever read. One I will read again and again with the same feelings, every time. There aren't enough stars in the sky for it.

Book Buy Links:
IndieBound
iTunes
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Google Play

Album Buy Links:
iTunes
Google Play
Amazon

About Colleen:







Colleen Hoover is the author of five New York Timesbestselling novels. Her first series was published in 2012 and includes Slammed, Point of Retreat, and This Girl. Her second series, published in 2013, includes the #1 NYT's bestseller Hopeless and the companion novel, Losing Hope. She has released a free novella, Finding Cinderella, as a thank you to her readers for their continued support. The novella is a companion to her Hopeless series, but can be read as a standalone.

Colleen lives in East Texas with her husband, their three boys, their dog, Pacey, and their zombie, Steve. Colleen loves Diet Pepsi more than all of the things, and is a ninja in her spare time.
You can follow Colleen on Instagram if you want to watch her pointless, random videos, or on Twitter, but she rarely tweets anything worth following. You can also find her on her blog at colleenhoover.com or on her very active Facebook page where she loves to give away free stuff when her husband isn't looking.

Creeper Links:
Instagram
Facebook
Twitter
Blog
Simon and Schuster

About Griffin Peterson:






Griffin Peterson is a songwriter and artist living in Nashville. He graduated from Belmont University with a degree in Music Business and is concentrating on releasing his first EP. His first two singles, Makes Me Hold On To You and Getaway, released in July 2013 and will be featured on his EP entitled Getaway. He appeared on the 12th season of American Idol and was the cover model for Colleen Hoover’s novel, Losing Hope.

Griffin first realized he wanted to be a musician when he was 19 and sat down at the computer to produce his first song. He realized an entire day had gone by, and decided if he could make a living doing something that brought him that much joy on a daily basis, he didn’t want to do anything else with his life. Griffin’s musical influences include classic rock and blues such as Stevie ray Vaughn and Eric Clapton, and modern artists such as Ben Rector, One Republic, and John Mayer.

Creeper Links:
Instagram
Facebook
Twitter
Website
iTunes



No comments:

Post a Comment