Friday, March 21, 2014

UNEXPECTED CONSEQUENCES by SLOAN JOHNSON REVIEW

UC RWE
 
 
 
Synopsis:
 
 
 
Zeke Reed lives his life by his rules, the biggest one being that he refuses to settle down.
 
Through the years, it has become a running joke amongst his circle of friends that his condo would be well served by the installation of a revolving door.
 
That’s what makes his friendship with Mary and Jeff work.
 
All three of them are looking for some no-strings-attached fun.
 
 Until fate steps in, making them all take a look at what’s been developing while they’ve been busy fooling around.
 
Unfortunately, every decision in life has consequences.
 
When you choose to openly share your life with more than one person, things get complicated.
 
Will Zeke, Jeff and Mary be able to stand together as the world tries to pull them apart?
 
 
 
add to gr




Join the:
 
 
 

 


Purchase UNEXPECTED CONSEQUENCES On:
 
 
 
Pageflex Persona [document: PRS0000039_00002]
 
 
 
 
Amazon | Barnes and Noble
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
Other books in the Ithmus Alliance Series
 
 
 
 
 

~ Unexpected Angel #1 ~

Pageflex Persona [document: PRS0000039_00002]

Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble


 

~ Unexpected Protector #2 ~

Unexpected Protector

Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble





 Steph's Review:


Sloan's Isthmus Series just keeps getting better and better!
 
UC is about a beautiful unexpected love that develops
 from the most unconventional way, courage & acceptance.
 
Zeke, Jeff, And Mary's relationship is anything but typical.
 
It's the type of relationship that most would  struggle to understand.
 
Against ALL odds and obstacles.... it works for the trio.
 
I LOVE the dynamics of their relationship.
 
Zeke (somewhat of a hothead) is so gentle and caring despite
his bad-ass bad-boy appearance,
 Jeff is "all business" on the outside (calm and collective) but do not doubt he is ALL ALPHA MALE,
and then there is Mary........
Super sweet, yet feisty, Mary is the glue that holds this trio together.
She encourages a bonding and connection between separate "couples" and the trio.
She is the light to their dark. 
I LOVE that Mary is so protective of them.
 
 
IDK....Zeke, Jeff and Mary complete each other.
 
 
 
Sloan does an excellent job of capturing your undivided attention
and your heart.
 
She has created the perfect balance of  intense sex, emotionally charged and well developed characters and plot.
 
If your looking for a sexy book with an emotional connection
Unexpected Consequences is a MUST read!
 
4 STARS
 
 



 
 
 
Dream Cast: 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Excerpt:
 
 
 
“So, how are things going downstairs?” Dylan asks, leaning forward to focus on the fight we’ve found ourselves in on the screen.
“Good,” I say, trying to decide how much I want to share. I know I told Jeff and Mary that I wouldn’t hide us from my family and friends, but that doesn’t mean I’m ready to spill the sordid details like a fucking chick.
“You and Mary?” Dylan presses. He glances over, catching the shit eating grin I can’t hide when I think about her. Two hours, seventeen minutes.
When I glance at my watch and sigh, Dylan falls back on the couch, laughing uproariously. “Holy fuck, I never thought I’d see the day…” he says through his laughter.
“What the fuck is your problem?” I turn my head and see him staring back at me, still amused but trying to stop his outburst.
“You! You went and fell in love with her, didn’t you?” He tosses the controller on the table, turning his full attention to me.
“No fucking way,” I protest. Lie number one of the day. The words leave a bitter taste in my mouth because we made a pact that there would be no secrets. The only justification I can come up with is that I’m not lying about having a relationship with them, only about the fact that I was stupid enough to fall for her, for both of them, without knowing if they will ever feel the same way about me.
“Keep telling yourself that, buddy,” Dylan chuckles. He makes his way into the kitchen, coming back with a beer for each of us. While I don’t typically drink this early in the day, I tip the bottle back, hoping the smooth microbrew will quiet all the bullshit swirling in my mind. “Remember, I’ve been where you’re at. You can tell yourself whatever you have to, but the sooner you admit it, the easier it’s going to be to deal with.”
“Fuck you, Caprese. Just because you turned into a little bitch doesn’t mean the rest of us have to follow suit.” I pick at the label on my bottle, trying to come up with something, anything, to get me out of this conversation.
“Okay, so what about you and the good doctor?” Dylan presses on. I blame Tasha for this. Before she came into his life, Dylan couldn’t have cared less what anyone else was doing. Now, it’s almost like he wants everyone else to be tied down to someone so he’s not the only one of our little group in a serious relationship. “You two get caught sucking face in public lately?”
“No, we’ve kept that all behind closed doors,” I respond quietly. Now I wish we were back to talking about my pansy feelings about Mary. At least then I wouldn’t be trying to figure out how to proceed. Dylan and I haven’t talked about the Jeff situation since we cleared the air and I’ve gone out of my way to avoid running into anyone we know when he and I are alone together.
“Yeah, I’ve heard about what you were doing behind closed doors,” he laughs, punching me in the arm playfully. “Seriously, never picked you as a screamer.”
 
 
 
 
 
sloan
 
 
 
About Sloan Johnson
 
 
Sloan Johnson is a big city girl trapped in a country girl’s body.
 
 While she longs for the hustle and bustle of New York City or Las Vegas, she hasn’t yet figured out how to sit on the deck with her morning coffee, watching the deer and wild turkeys in the fields while surrounded by concrete and glass.
 
When she was three, her parents received their first call from the principal asking them to pick her up from school.
 
Apparently, if you aren’t enrolled, you can’t attend classes, even in Kindergarten.
 
The next week, she was in preschool and started plotting her first story soon after.
 
Later in life,
 her parents needed to do something to help their socially awkward, uncoordinated child come out of her shell and figured there was no better place than a bar on Wednesday nights.
 
 It’s a good thing they did because this is where she found her love of
reading and writing.
 
Who needs socialization when you can sit alone in your bedroom with a good book?
Now, Sloan is a tattooed, purple haired mom of two kids, one of which was a thank you present to her husband for letting her get a Staffordshire Terrier with more anxiety issues than Sloan has, which is saying something.
 
 She’s been kicked out of the PTA in two school districts and is no longer asked to help with fundraisers because she’s been known to lose herself in a good book and forget that she has somewhere to be.
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
Hosted by:
 
 
RockStar Lit PR
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment